[FreeNX-kNX] non-free nx 1.5.0 upgrade failed

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Jul 23 21:21:10 UTC 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 20:36, Neal Becker wrote:

> I have the commercial nx (1.4) and just tried upgrading to 1.5.0.  I just get
> "authentication completed" and then hang, until finally it times out.  Any
> ideas how to debug or what could be wrong?

A licensed NoMachine version should entitle you to ask for their
official support too  ;-)

> I had some trouble with the
> license file, and did rpm --erase nxclient nxserver and reinstalled the new
> client and server, so hopefully there weren't any old files left.

Did you proceed like you was adviced in

   http://www.nomachine.com/news_read.php?idnews=159

?

Namely, it asks to to these two things before upgrading:

  - chown nx:root /usr/NX/etc/server.lic
  - chmod 0400 /usr/NX/etc/server.lic

Cheers,
Kurt