[FreeNX-kNX] questions from newbie

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 20:37:35 UTC 2005

On 7/22/05, Trace Green <jamesxuruo at 163.com> wrote:
> 2. How can i get the same screen as server?
> When i changed my computer to gnome, yes , i can connect to it in
> another computer through nxclient, but, it seems i get a new session, i
> want to control my computer just as x11vnc, use the same session so that
> the man in front of my computer can see my operation.

The only option a present for sharing screens is too run vncserver on
the NX client.  I haven't tested this, but it should allow other
people to see the desktop you have connected too.

Its also possible to run a VNC session within a NX session. The only
problem I had with this is sending ctl-alt-del thru a WinXP client.
Seems to be no way to get NX to override WinXP grabbing this key
sequences.

NX desktop share is meant to be work in progress.
--
Nicholas Lee
http://stateless.geek.nz