[FreeNX-kNX] Looking for NX and FreeNX success stories

Bruce Stephens freenx at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 15:12:35 UTC 2005

Jon Severinsson <jon at severinsson.net> writes:

> Bruce Stephens skrev:
>> ... and if we were to use it at work I imagine we'd much prefer
>> something that used LDAP, like pam_ldap.)
> Well, just set up ssh or su to use pam_ldap for authentification,
> and freenx will work with LDAP scince 0.2.4 ...

Yes, that's what we'd probably do.  (We already have such things using
pam_ldap, so likely it would all just work.  The slight catch is the
ssh box on our network perimeter which only permits public key
authentication, but that kind of things is always something that
individual networks have to deal with; we wouldn't be running freenx
on that box anyway.)