[FreeNX-kNX] Univ-rx authentication

Eric DECORNOD eric.decornod at ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Jul 19 08:53:36 UTC 2005

Le Lundi 18 Juillet 2005 14:42, sukrit a écrit :
> Hi guys,
Hi

> I wanted to check out the FreeNX java applet demo on the Univ-rx website
> at http://univ-rx.u-strasbg.fr/. But i can't seem to find a way to get
> authenticated. How do I get authentication for it? Also, has anyone used
> this applet? I want to implement this project in a project I'm working
> on. I want to replace VNC with this. Can someone help me please.
>
> Regards,
> Sukrit.D.

  The java applet used at http://univ-rx.u-strasbg.fr is called applet-univrx
(http://univ-rx.u-strasbg.fr/applet-univrx/) and is a separate project from
FreeNX (relying on it). We needed such web access with NX technology
so we build this project.

  The applet you tried is not a demo (to say it very simple, you can see it as
a service for our students here in Strasbourg as we got a lvs-FreeNX
cluster).

  If you just want a demo you can try http://www.libersciences.net lab
(need a subscription and it's in french sorry).

  Unfortunately, liberscience's project is not using our unstable development
branch.

  But you can just look at the HTML source code of the applet you tried,
take the .jar files and build your own HTML page setting <param ...> tags
with your setttings (specially your freeNX server).

  Anyway if you're very motivated, you can try building it from sources as
they are available at http://univ-rx.u-strasbg.fr/applet-univrx/.

P.S.: if you're intrested in our project, contributions are welcome.
We have opened a mailing-list called univ-rx AT u-strasbg.fr (we accept posts
either in French or in English) and you can subscribe to it if you want.

Thanks for your interest in our project.

--
Eric DÉCORNOD
Ingénieur en Développement d'Applications
courriel: eric.decornod at ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr