[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX, SSH, and su

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Mon Jul 18 07:07:04 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have been using FreeNX for quite a few months now.  The other day
though, I decided to drop a copy on a machine whose SSH server only
allows public key authentication.  This did not work out well at all
until I found the ENABLE_SU_AUTHENTICATION option in node.conf.

I have two questions.  Besides RedHat/Fedora requiring the nx user to be
in the wheel group, is there any other reason why this is not the default?

Also, are there any plans to allow "real" public key authentication when
logging into a FreeNX server?

Thanks a lot, you guys are doing excellent work.

Pat