[FreeNX-kNX] Connecting to nxserver via Mac OSX client

Jon Severinsson jon at severinsson.net
Thu Jul 14 17:42:22 UTC 2005

Hi again Jay

Your problem is that port 5000 is already in use on the server, and that port is
required for the print sharing feature of freenx.  Are you running some other
networked program/daemon that might use that port?
You might also have shadow nxnode/nxagent processes running on the server. Check
for them by writing "ps -A | grep nx" in a terminal. If you get any output, try
to kill any processes named nx* on the server and try to connect again.
If some other process are using port 5000 and you can't change the port of that
process, you might set DISPLAY_BASE=2000 in node.conf (then print sharing will
use port 6000-6199 instead of 5000-5199) as a workaround until freenx 0.4.2 is
released, or you can use cvs (the underlaying problem was fixed last week by
Fabian, but not in time for 0.4.1).

Regards
- - Jonno