[FreeNX-kNX] PAM authentication doesn't work

Martin Honermeyer maze at strahlungsfrei.de
Thu Jul 14 09:41:51 UTC 2005

Thanks for your help, guys! I figured out I had to add the nx user to the
tty group. There were problems accessing pty's otherwise (from the FreeNX
0.4.0 log):

The system has no more ptys.  Ask your system administrator to create more.

Works, even with FreeNX CVS & NoMachine source snapshot 3!

I think I should have mentioned that this is a VServer, again. As you can
see from my previous posts, adding users to the tty group seems to be a
magic solution for all my NX problems .. Should have tried that first.
Stupid me ;-)

Martin