[FreeNX-kNX] portforwarding and open ports

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Jul 13 12:43:29 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 12:05, Michael Will wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder which open ports are needed at the client.

Non on the *client*. The client does not need any "open" port.

> I thought
> everything gets tunneled through ssh and therefore only port 22
> needs to be forwarded.

...only if you "Enable SSL encryption of all traffic" as a
   NoMachine client configuration option

> But when the session is established I see a lot of traffic
> through 5500.

This only happens if you have not enabled the checkbox mentioned
above.

> Therefore my question:
> Which port need to be open at client and  server?

Client none, Server 22 (or any other additonal port where you want
the server's SSHD to listens to).

Client must be able to initiate an outgoing connection to port 22
(or other, if you choose so.).

> thanx
>  Michael

Cheers,