[FreeNX-kNX] nxlibs 1.5.0 and FreeNX 0.4.x

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Tue Jul 12 12:54:11 UTC 2005

Terje Andersen wrote:
> Is there any chance that !M has any archive that I can download the
> Snapshot 3 from?

Managing archives requires disk-space that requires more time to do
back-ups that requires more people handling the Web infrastructure, and
this just to make possible to download an old version of the software
that one out of 100 is interested in downloading. I don't think this
pays the bill. It's simpler to fix the problem in the software and
upload a new version. The reason why we didn't upload a new version,
as of yet, is because there are important changes to multiple compo-
nents that might -really- break things. If a token overflow (something
that, it is possible to fix by changing 1 line) requires all this over-
head, imagine the overhead that would be caused by a set of components
that do not even compile ;-).

This is software under -heavy- development and I think that, if you
are interested in development, you should keep your own archive of
the development versions. I also suggest that FreeNX sets up its own
CVS/SVN. We have our own develpment model that requires that software
is delivered in "versions", not patches, but I think that a CVS/SVN
would really help all those who are only interested in getting the
latest version without incurring in the overhead of following the
NoMachine releases.

/Gian Filippo.