[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and LVS (Linux virtual Server - cluster)

Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager at dtnet.de
Tue Jul 12 12:31:45 UTC 2005

Ben Voigt wrote:
> Inside the nx session, distribute applications (including the window
> manager) over LVS.  Each application will establish a X TCP/IP connection to
> the nxserver, which will compress the data and send it to the thinclient.
> This TCP/IP connection lasts as long as the application is running -- the nx
> over ssh connection drops during suspend, but all X clients are still
> connected to the X endpoint (nxagent I think this is).  I assume the LVS
> servers are co-located with a very fast connection (gigabit ethernet
> perhaps), but if this is not the case, nxclient could be run inside the nx
> session to connect to a random LVS server.
>
> It's a matter of setting the windowmanager to something like "ssh -X
> lvs-server /usr/bin/startkde"

Hi,

i think X-display will work but sound- (and samba) redirect will be fail with
a windowmanager in the nxclient like "ssh -X lvs-server /usr/bin/startkde". You
should have a nx-tunnel to the LVS (maybe more ?)

Fabian, i will have a closer look to your new nxversion. Question: Why so
you implement the loadbalance+clustering for your own ? I asked
because there are projects like LVS having the main-focus on this topics and
and integration would be (maybe ;-) easier.

I'm curious about your cluster-version.

regards

Danny

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-32               Fax: +49-711-849910-932
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/    email: daniel.schwager at dtnet.de