[FreeNX-kNX] xming

LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 18:05:57 UTC 2005

NXWin has a couple of problems with it, both because of its dependence on cygwin.

First, I read there can be conflicts if you are trying to run other cygwin applications with a different version.

Second, and the one that causes me the most trouble, is that the cygwin dll requires writing to the Windows registry.

As a result, you cannot run the application without going through an install and updating the registry.  Also, it takes certain permissions to update the Windows registry.

I found some information on xming.  It is also an X Server for Windows and does not rely on cygwin.

Anyone have any experience with it?

- L