[FreeNX-kNX] website/wiki

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Feb 25 21:47:38 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 11:54, Hamish wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 11:20, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > No there is no website, yet.
>
> Let me know if you want help

Thanks for offering your help. I really appreciate if you start putting
some work into it.

> > I don't know if a wiki can replace a good static HP, but for a start I
> > re-enabled the Wiki on the berlios project pages.
>
> A wiki can be a great way to get content for static pages

I agree.

Do you also feel you could create a "framework"  for the static page?
Like a layout, and some headings for contents? (like FAQ, Introduction,
Tricks & Tips, Use Cases, Success Stories, Howto....)

If we had this, we could ask users on the list to provide input. I am
sure we would get some. We could also ask those users who have already
written some own documents to donate them to the website, so it could
become the "one-stop" place to go for FreeNX info.

> > So feel free to start up, with whatever you want to do. Probably a FAQ is
> > whats needed first.
>
> It would be nice to have something that comes up near top in a google
> search,

This should be pretty easy.

The only "secret" is: to write the best content available on the FreeNX/NX
topic and have a few sides link to it.

Writing the content is a matter of time.

I hope to be able to help with that in a few weeks from now. (I returned
just a few hours ago from a few days in the hospital, where they started
to cure some of my dental problems, but I have to undergo more treatment).

> with info for all users, including those who have no clue (I am
> one!). There are people making howtos all over the place, it would be nice
> to have one authorative source!

;-)

Cheers,
Kurt