[FreeNX-kNX] kontact as singe app

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 17:02:11 UTC 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 16:42, Hamish wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> Sorry if this has been asked on this list, I have been searching a while
> and found this:
> http://www.archivum.info/nxusers@nomachine.com/2005-02/msg00006.html which
> seemed perfect, but I do not have a file called node.conf
> I would like to run Kontact on windows clients, as a single app (this is a
> gentle introduction to users). Has anyone had some success with this, and
> would you mind sharing?
> Thanks,

Sorry, I should probably add some details, I was a bit heavy handed on the
send button!:

Server:
SuSE 9.2
FreeNX 1.4.0-02 "OS_(GPL)" - installed from rpm (apt)
KDE 3.3.0
Kontact 1.0.2

Clients:
Windows XP sp2
NX Client for Windows - version 1.4.0-92

Setting up as single window connects, then opens a "minimised" window, then
closes. Full KDE desktops work fine, and kontact from within the nx desktop
works fine.

Thanks again,