[FreeNX-kNX] kNX behind a firewall (only port 22 open) unusable?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Sun Feb 20 14:32:11 UTC 2005

Fabian Franz wrote:

> Ok, then please take the kNX source code an implement the following in
> knxconnection.cpp:
>
> To the parameters given like --session add --encryption="1".
>
> Instead of connect=m_sshData.host do add accept=127.0.0.1.
>
> Then do not disconnect the m_SSH Process in line 265, but instead send:
>
> "bye".
>
> "bye" is a special command, which means that now all traffic of nxproxies will
> be done through the ssh channel.
>
> Spawn and connect a netcat to the proxy port and connect the stdout of this
> process to the stdin of the ssh process and vice versa.
>
> Done. Connection is now tunneled through ssh.

Hmm, could you pleas help me with that?

1) in line 207 I added --encryption="1" like that (this is one line):

								sendString("startsession --encryption=\"1\"
--session=\""+m_sessionName+"\" "

2) I'm not sure how to change "Instead of connect=m_sshData.host do add
accept=127.0.0.1."

3) I'm not sure how to change "Then do not disconnect the m_SSH Process
in line 265, but instead send"

4) "Spawn and connect a netcat to the proxy port and connect the stdout
of this process to the stdin of the ssh process and vice versa." - does
this mean I have to do this tricks with netcat etc. each time? or is it
perhaps one time only to see if it works?

Tomek