[FreeNX-kNX] "proxied" connections to other hosts running X and NX impossible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Fri Feb 18 13:10:34 UTC 2005

Whether I use kNX or NoMachine nxclient, it is possible to do a "proxy"
connection either to a VNC session or Windows Terminal session.

However, it's not possible to do so with UNIX/Custom.

Why is it so?

I have a setup like that:

1) "Workstation with NX client"

2) "Free NX / proxy"

3) "Free NX Servers / VNCWorkstations".

I don't have a direct connection between 1) "Workstation with NX client"
and 3) "Free NX Servers / VNC Workstations", so if I want to connect
from 1) NX client to 3) VNC workstation, I connect from 1) to 2), and
specify a VNC session to use on 3) workstation.

But it's impossible to connect from 1) to 3) NX server, as there is no
such similar option for UNIX/X as for VNC / Windows proxying.

Has anyone a solution for that?

Tomek