[FreeNX-kNX] why is initial authentication/connecting so slow?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Thu Feb 17 20:44:33 UTC 2005

I'm testing FreeNX with Nomachine nxclient.

Overall it works good and faster than pure X-connections over SSH, but
the initial authentication/connecting takes as much as a minute or more.

I think it's way too long - Winows Terminal Session, VNC connections, or
even pure X-connections over SSH load much much faster - a few seconds.

What can be a reason that it takes so much for me?
The only thing I use that degrades my performance is "enable SSL
tunneling of all traffic", so everything goes in SSH connection - but
even then - when I'm connected, it works smoothly; only the connecting
part takes so much time.

Anyone has an idea?

Or is it perhaps normal?

Tomek