[FreeNX-kNX] Problems with setxkbmap

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Thu Feb 17 09:38:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> I have the FreeNX installed on a Fedora Core 3 (Xorg based)
> distribution. And, if I start a session with only xterm
> from a Nomachine NX client (Windows or Linux) I'm not able
> to set my keyboard settings to the spanish layout. I get
> the following error message:
>
> Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
> Use defaults: rules - 'xfree86' model - 'pc101' layout - 'us'
>
> Of course, I try to use a desktop (KDE/GNOME) I got
> the same problem.

I tried

	setxkbmap -layout es -model pc102

and it works for me, but you are right there are a view
layout/model combinations which works well on a local X-Server
but not within nxagent. I'm sorry but I did not spent much
time for investigations

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH