[FreeNX-kNX] Some name suggestions

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Aug 31 14:50:41 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 19:32, Mario Fux wrote:
> Good morning
>
> Some time ago I heard the you are searching for another name for FreeNX. If
> this isn't correct don't read the rest ;-).

It is not correct.

What we in fact *did* ponder, was a better name instead of kNX, the
KDE NX Client, that currently is unmaintained, and that is still in
the hackish proof-of-concept status that it was in after it was put
into kdenonbeta after LinuxTag's half-day hacking in 2004.

> Here are some suggestions:
>
> - onyx - oNyX
> - nexus - NeXus
> - jinx - jiNX (from to jinx and the logo would be a witch ;-)

Ha! I see you used the same method that Tridge used decades ago
when he searched for a good replacement name of SMB and came up
with "Samba"   ;-)

Cheers,
Kurt