[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX installation on Debian

Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) cronopios at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:34:47 UTC 2005

2005/8/30, Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) <cronopios at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm having problems when installing FreeNX on a Debian sid box.
>
> I added this line to my /etc/apt/sources.list file (that's the correct
> repository, right?):
>     deb http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanotix/unstable ./

Problem solved:
I examined the /var/lib/dpkg/info/freenx.postinst script, and I found
out that /usr/sbin/nxsetup failed because it expected an /etc/shadow
file, while this system (based on a colinux image) was still using
/etc/passwd. After running pwconv I could install the freenx package
successfully.

Greetings,
 Quique

--
The problem with quick and dirty... is that dirty remains long after
quick has been forgotten.