[FreeNX-kNX] Can I use real X display in FreeNX?

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Mon Aug 29 08:29:07 UTC 2005

Thorsten Sandfuchs wrote:
> This is not yet possible, these parts of NX are maintained by nomachine,
> freenx only reimplements a server, which manages the connection to the
> nomachine-nxlibs

Well, I'm not sure we can consider a fair deal to have FreeNX just reimple-
menting what we sell and leaving all the work on the GPL core to NoMachine.
That's not the way OSS is supposed to work and we'd really appreciate seeing
FreeNX people contributing to the OSS stuff in a significant way. It's
obvious that this can't happen until a free client and server implementa-
tion exists, nevertheless saying that there are parts that are supposed to
be maintained by NoMachine is substantially incorrect :-).

About desktop sharing and providing Windows desktop in NX sessions without
the help of a MS RDP server, we think that exporting the display by using
a simple X client (Windows, OSX, Linux) is the way to go. The XWinX pro-
ject tried a similar approach:

http://xwinx.sourceforge.net/

/Gian Filippo.