[FreeNX-kNX] Client 1.5 problems with NX 1.5.0, freenx 0.4.4

Peter von Niederhaeusern pvn.pop3 at happy-reisen.ch
Tue Aug 16 05:52:47 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I read the archives here and asked Google and the NoMachine KB
but did not find an answer to my problems:

I have NX 1.5 (open source version) running with the gentoo patch
applied (0.4.4).
This setup is hosted by a CRUX Linux PPC 2.0 server.

I'm unable to connect to my NX server with the newest closed source
clients
on both Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).

There is no problem with the 1.4 clients on both platforms.

The info message I get (on both platforms) prior to shutdown
of the client:

Negotiating link parameters...
Initializing X protocol compression...

NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2005 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '1510'.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using adsl link parameters 8192/16/10/50.
Info: Using pack method 'no-pack' with session 'unix-application'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression level 3.
Info: Using ZLIB data threshold set to 32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression level 6.
Info: Using remote ZLIB data compression level 3.
Info: Using remote ZLIB stream compression level 6.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Warning: Cookie mismatch in the authentication data.
Info: End of session requested by remote proxy.
Info: Shutting down the link and exiting.

Do you need more information on this?

There's nothing special on the server in the nxserver.log.
I already set NX_LOG_LEVEL=7 in /usr/NX/etc/node.conf.

Thank you very much for your support.

Brgs,
Peter