[FreeNX-kNX] No response received from the remote server. Do you want to terminate the current session?

Clay McCoy freenx at claymccoy.com
Fri Aug 12 04:21:55 UTC 2005

Get this.  After several days of playing around with FreeNX at my house
right next to my server.  I finally get it working for the first time on
my Mac OS X laptop while I am a hundred miles away from the server using
a hotel wireless network.  I can't believe it!  It's great.  Well almost
great, there are a few minor problems.
I reverted back to a 1.4 mac client (thanks to everyone helping with
that) and it actually works.
It is very fast for the most part, but it stops every few minutes and
then a dialog comes up and says:
"No response received from the remote server.  Do you want to terminate
the current session?"
Then it is responsive again.  Anyone seen this?  It is quite annoying.
Is it that somethign is not setup right, or just the network I happen to
be on?
Thanks everyone, what an exciting product!!
Clay