[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent issue

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.L-H at gmx.de
Fri Aug 12 00:04:01 UTC 2005

Hi

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 19:55, Matthew Excell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 00:52 +0200, Fabian Franz wrote:
[...]
> Thank you for the information.  I have been trying to find 1.5.0 debs -
> could someone please point me to a working source?  The latest I have
> found packaged is the version I am running - 1.4.0.2 from kanotix.

New packages are being prepared for debian on alioth
	http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-nx/
	http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-nx/
and you could probably even join efforts for getting them into an releasable
state, so that they could eventually be included in etch.

> kalyxo-archive.mornfall.net/ appears to be down.

Kalyxo has found a new home after some dns related troubles:
	http://www.ekhis.org/
		deb ftp://ftp.ekhis.org/ekhis/ experimental main
		deb-src ftp://ftp.ekhis.org/ekhis/ experimental main

Additionally there is still
	deb http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanotix/unstable/ ./
	deb-src http://debian.tu-bs.de/project/kanotix/unstable/ ./
both containing the same nx/ freenx packages.

[...]

Despite the efforts on alioth concerning an completely overhauled packaging
for nx, I'm currently preparing preliminary nx 1.5.0 packages, but providing
a smooth upgrade path, dealing with the X.org and gcc-4.0 transition and
taking care not to sap the upcoming packaging takes its time. Please keep in
mind that the first nx 1.5.0 compatible freenx version was released just 4
days ago.

If anyone else wants to hack up the 1.4.0 packages, please do yourself and
your potential users a favour a keep enough room for the first debian
version, which is by definition 1.5.0-1 (or rather following the versioning
on the provided upstream tarballs - something << 1.4.90 should be fine).

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann