[FreeNX-kNX] problems with Mac OS X client

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Thu Aug 11 21:29:38 UTC 2005

perkel wrote:
> Using Gian Filippo's pointer (thanks!), I've been able to build nxcomp
> on OS X 10.4.  I notice that the 1.4 nxclient had libXcomp.so in
> /usr/NX/lib, but that in 1.5 there isn't even a /usr/NX/lib directory.
> So am I correct in surmising that I am not able simply to replace an old
> libXcomp.so with my newly compiled (and hopefully fixed) version?

You are right. I forgot that in the current MacOSX package libXcomp
is compiled statically ion nxssh.

Do the following:

1. Build nxcomp and nxssh as usual.

2. Fetch and build the PNG and JPEG libs in /usr/local.

3. Edit the nxssh/Makefile and put the following in the LIB line:

LIBS=-lcrypto -lz  -L../nxcomp -lXcomp -lstdc++ /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a \
/usr/local/lib/libpng.a

4. Go to the nxssh directory and re-run make.

...Alternatively, wait until the new package is released.

/Gian Filippo.