[FreeNX-kNX] Screenshots

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Thu Aug 11 11:37:36 UTC 2005

Thorsten Sandfuchs wrote:
> In my case nearly all the images "downloaded" - menu-bars, inside windows et
> all first get a placeholder, and will be fetched later on. Although it feels
> slower for me. So I don't see an advantage, at least not a usage :)

Maybe it "feels" slower, but it is not (at least it shouldn't).
However this is a work in progress and will fully show its benefit
in a few months from now.

At the present moment it has some useful applications: suppose you
are browsing a web-site over a slow link, and that the web-site
contains annoying some Flash animations eating up all your bandwidth.
You can now press Ctrl+At+L and skip the Flash animations, read the
content of the web-page and return to normal viewing mode by press-
ing the sequence again.

/Gian Filippo.