[FreeNX-kNX] problems with Mac OS X client

David Perkel perkel at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 11 04:10:45 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I see from the list archives that at least one person seems to be
having the same problems as I after upgrading to nxclient 1.5 on Mac
OS X 10.4.  I had been running nxclient 1.4.x quite happily and
stupidly slipped during my upgrade process and overwrote /usr/NX
without a suitable backup.

nxclient 1.5 does not connect (even to testdrive).  The error is:

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '982'.
Error: Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#13 to 1. Error is 102
'Operation not supported on socket'.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.

I'm a paying NoMachine customer for the server.  I've emailed Gian
Filippo Pinzari and Nomachine, as we had corresponded several about
earlier problems on Mac OS X, but have not yet received a reply.

For now, I'd be very grateful if some kind soul could send me a
recent 1.4 version of nxclient for Mac; best of all, I wonder if
there are ANY success stories with nxclient 1.5 on Tiger (Mac OS 10.4).

Thanks and best to you all.
David
--
David J. Perkel, Ph.D.