[FreeNX-kNX] Netbeans window is blank

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Tue Aug 9 16:25:10 UTC 2005

Clay McCoy wrote:
> On my windows client, when I connect and start up Netbeans, the window
> for it appears, but there is no content.  It is blank.

This is a bug in the NetBeans application. The agent reports the
shared pixmap support as not present, but the NetBeans app tries to
use it anyway. Disabling MIT-SHM support solves the problem. We
added a new -noshm parameter to nxagent. The new code will be made
available as part of the maintenance update we'll release soon.

For the future we are considring adding MIT-SHM shared pixmap support.
The benefits would be minimal, on the performance front, as any Copy-
Area would anyway be translated in a PutImage, but this would make
NetBeans, and possibly other applications, feel happy.

/Gian Filippo.