[FreeNX-kNX] ssh problems gone, now real freenx problems

Clay McCoy freenx at claymccoy.com
Tue Aug 9 02:59:47 UTC 2005

Thanks for all the help.  Somehow ssh started working.  I noticed there
was a new rpm, so I completely removed the old one, installed then new
one, and I noticed that the key was different.  So I moved this new key
generated from the new rpm over and now I can ssh with a key as nx.
Thanks for all the great explanations, I learned a lot.

But FreeNX still does not work.  It seems brittle in the sense that
something different happens every time, without me changing anything.  I
got a lot of one time errors that never repeated themselves.  One told
me to look in the sshlog file in a "temp" folder in the users directory
on my client machine.

I got this a lot:

NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2005 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '178'.
Error: Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#19 to 1. Error is 102
'Operation not supported on socket'.
Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '15', 'SIGTERM'.

It doesn't seem to matter if I "disable no-delay on TCP connection" or
not.  So I left it unchecked.

Then I left "Enable SSL encryption of all traffic" unchecked, and I got
this:

NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2005 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '192'.
Info: Connecting to remote host '192.168.0.3:5000'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy '192.168.0.3:5000' established.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
Info: Using wan link parameters 16384/8/4/20.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression level 1.
Info: Using ZLIB data threshold set to 32.
Info: Not using ZLIB stream compression.
Info: Using remote ZLIB data compression level 1.
Info: Not using remote ZLIB stream compression.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Using remote server '192.168.0.3:5000'.
Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Error: Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#25 to 1. Error is 102
'Operation not supported on socket'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory support in X server.
Info: End of session requested by signal '15' 'SIGTERM'.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting watchdog.

And if I logon again right after that without changing anything the
window of the application actually comes up!  But when I resume the one
session in the list, it times out.
"Timeout encountered in communication with the NX server."

I have followed the directions on:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/
I am using fedora core 4 and the mac os X nomachine client.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Clay