[FreeNX-kNX] no success on mandriva

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 00:33:04 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, 4. August 2005 15:46 schrieb Laurent Combe:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> >Laurent Combe wrote:

> >>when you said "works both with 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 servers"
> >>i supposed you've installed nxserver not _freenx_
> >>
> >>this is why i've come on this list, to know how to use freenx on mandriva
> >
> >OK, these are the packages I use in my Mandriva:
> >
> >nxproxy-1.5.0-1mdk
> >libnxX11_0-1.5.0-1mdk
> >freenx-0.4.3-2mdk
> >nxclient-1.5.0-103
> >nxagent-1.5.0-1mdk
> >
> >So it's a 1.5.0 nxserver + 0.4.3 freenx (taken from mandriva cooker).
> >

> >Tomek

> on my server i install same packages as you
>
> nxproxy-1.5.0-1mdk
> libnxX11_0-1.5.0-1mdk
> freenx-0.4.3-2mdk
> nxclient-1.5.0-103
> nxagent-1.5.0-1mdk
>
> on the client i install only
> nxclient
>
> hope .... but error is the same :-((

I guess thats in the FAQ, but we need for good error tracking the following:

- - Change node.conf to LOG_CLEAN=0. Look at the server at ~/.nx/T-* and
~/.nx/F-* /session files. This will show you _why_ nxagent does not start.

An easy way to find out can also be to do:

ssh -X user at myserver

nxagent

cu

Fabian