[FreeNX-kNX] Shortcut to suspend/terminate

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Aug 4 08:38:03 UTC 2005

Thorsten Sandfuchs schreef:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:16:17PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to make a shortcut on the desktop to force a "suspend" or
>>"terminate" of the NX session?
>

> send a kill -HUP to the corresponding nxagent-process for suspend.

When I do "killall -HUP nxagent" (as the user what is running the
session) I have a strange behaviour of running programms the next time I
start. I have e.g. problems with Gnome-panel.

When I do a "killall nxagent" I terminate the session succesfull, but
when I login the next time, 50% of the times this does not work the
first time. When I try the second time it works always.

When I do a "killall nxnode" there is no problem when I login the next
time, but the nxagent process stays in memory on the server.

FreeNX will do something when I click on the buttons "suspend" or
"terminate" after a "alt F4". I have tried to find this code, but did
not succeed (I think it's inside nxagent). Does anybody know what these
commands are?

In the help of nxagent, I did not found an option to suspend.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.