[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.4.3 in rootless mode with NX 1.5.0 client does not work?

Jonathan Chen (jonachen) jonachen at cisco.com
Mon Aug 1 16:27:42 UTC 2005

All,

If you are testing the new CVS build, can you please confirm if you are
able to run in rootless mode or not with NX for Windows 1.5.0 client.

In the NX session configuration with the client, I had

Desktop-->Unix-->Custom->Run the console-->floating windows or new
virtual desktop option

The above option does not work, unless you select "Run the following
command" with "/usr/bin/xterm" in the path.

What is happening with

1) Floating Windows -- It logs in and when its about to start the
session the NX 1.5.0 client automatically closes while on the server the
session is in a running state.  The 1.4.0 client works, except I do not
see any speed improvementt in rootless mode.  It's probably the new
rootless mode is not compatible with 1.4.0

2) Virtual Desktop -- This one "looked" like it was working.  It
displays the !M logo and then... A BLACK SCREEN.....

I checked the nxserver.log file and there is nothing in it that tells me
what might have happened.