[FreeNX-kNX] Is there a way to file bugs against NX OSS components and clients.

Bruno Delbono Bruno.S.Delbono at mail.ac
Mon Aug 1 09:51:31 UTC 2005

Sunil wrote:
> Now that the no-machine developer mailing lists are
> dead, is there still a way to file bugs against OSS
> components/clients?

You can file a ticket in the bug database or send Gian an email.

> I wanted to request a solaris x86 client but I don't
> know how to.

Well, I have a sparc package for freenx working and all setup (as simple
as pkgadd). I need a Solaris x86 machine to work on getting nxserver
supported. I also would like to get this working (or tested) on Solaris
7/8/9. I'll send an email later on this week with details.

So far, I have these dependancies (and their core dependancies) for
nxserver package on Solaris.

- SUNWgccruntime
- CSWtextutils
- CSWexpect
- CSWnetcat

SUNWgccruntime is supplied by Sun (in at least Solaris 10). I cannot
test Solaris 8/9 right now, but initially Solaris 10 should be supported.

As for your initial question of nxclient on Solaris...I hope we can get
nxclient for Solaris x86. Till then, you can either setup lxrun on x86
(with RH 6.0) or wait till LAE (2006 perhaps).

Warm Regards,

-Bruno