[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX server behind NAT

Leon Bukhman leon at lbsharp.com
Wed Sep 29 21:08:00 UTC 2004

I am trying to connect to my FreeNX server from work but I am having
problems establishing the connection. The problem is that the server is
behind a NAT box and the client is also behind a firewall (which blocks
port 22).

I set up SSH to accept connections of ports 22 and 23 so that I can
connect from work. Is there a way to configure FreeNX to listen on both
ports as well?

Also, since the server is behind a NAT box, what is the minimum number of
ports that I would need to forward to get it working? (Is it enough to
just forward port 5000? And how can I change which port ranges are used by
NX?)

Thanks in advance

Leon