[FreeNX-kNX] first time unlucky

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:56:32 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've installed nxserver on a debian and downloaded nxscripts

then I try ./run-nxproxy
seems like it can't find nxproxy/nxproxy so I changed the script to
/usr/bin/nxproxy

great. the client starts but in .nx/S-8/session I get...

Loop: WARNING! Ignoring option 'link' with value 'modem' at X server side.
Warning: Ignoring option 'link' with value 'modem' at X server side.
Loop: WARNING! Ignoring option 'cache' with value '1024k' at X server side.
Loop: WARNING! Ignoring option 'pack' with value 'no-pack' at X server side.
Loop: PANIC! Can't handle 'accept' and 'connect' parameters at the same time.
Loop: PANIC! Refusing 'accept' parameter with 'connect' being 'localhost'.
Error: Can't handle 'accept' and 'connect' parameters at the same time.
Error: Refusing 'accept' parameter with 'connect' being 'localhost'.

whoops. I'm new to this as you can tell.
seems like it doesn't want to be a server and a client on the same
host. is that right?
but http://www.nomachine.com/documentation/building-components.php
says that that's the way to start testing it.

I'm very interested in understanding freeNX technology.

Thanks in advance.
Chris.