[FreeNX-kNX] Re: login

Luca Corti cortez at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 20 21:46:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:53 -0400, Doug Burks wrote:
> In the NoMachine client application, you can find this option by doing
> the following:
> -On the the NX Login window, click the Configure button.
> -NX Configuration window appears.  Click the Advanced tab.
> -Under the Network section, click "Enable SSL encryption of all traffic".
> -Click OK.

I already activated SSL previously. Ayway, I managed to solve all of the
issues by following the succes story of Rix Beck ( "End of 'Login
story'" message ):

> I made some mistake while I was confused with that can't login state.
> I was removing user 'nx' and added later again. Later did that nxsetup
> --setup-nomachine-key that suggested by Kurt. It is surely can't
> change some settings that modified when I removed and added user.
> I went to removing all ./.nx and ./.nx/.ssh folders and removed user
> nx from the system, then made a nxsetup again.
> It has corrected everything and it is PERFECT!!!
>
> Fabian, Kurt...great job, beautiful work. Congratulation!

I just did what he says. I purged the packages (I'm on debian, with
packages form kalyxo.org), removed any .nx folder, removed the nx user.
Then I simply reinstalled the packages and:

1. Run nxsetup.
2. Run nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key.
3. Run nxsetup --useradd myuser.
4. Run nxsetup --passwd myuser.
5. Logged in with the nxclient.

I still don't know what was wrong with the first install...

I hope this may be of help to someone having the same problem.

thanks a lot everyone

--
Luca Corti <cortez at tiscali.it>