[FreeNX-kNX] [ANNOUNCE] "ssh -NX" now almost possible ...

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 20:36:04 UTC 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 19:10, Fabian Franz wrote:

> a slashdot reader said it at some point in one FreeNX announcement:
>
> "I think NX should work like ssh -X, just ssh -NX."
>
> Well, its not ssh -NX, but a modified nxtunnel-0.1 in beta stage, but it
> works.

Cool.

> nxtunnel fabian at remote bash
>
> open a nxagent window and a normal bash, like if I used just ssh -X ...
>
> But if I now start a X-Application its automatically run through a rootless
> NX-Agent:
>
> xterm &
>
> Be warned: Rootless mode is still experimental ...

Yes, I see: it doesnt' work.   ;-)

I get an error (after typing in the password):

   'bash: line 63: xauth: command not found'
   'Connection to localhost closed.'

Here are a few obvious bugs:

1. the "-V" as hinted at in the "--help" statement for verbose output
   should be a "-v"

2. "--verbose" doesnt seem to work at all (unimplemented?).

3. the scripts has two declarations for the cleanup() function
   (lines 318 and 419.

4. I have a grep version 2.4.2 which doesnt understand "--line-buffered"
   nor "--unbuffered"

Cheers,
Kurt