[FreeNX-kNX] newbie port question

Dave Bush hockeystatman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:10:21 UTC 2004

Okay - let me ask what may be an incredibly dumb question.

If I'm running an nxserver, do I need to turn off sshd?

I've got ssh and nxserver co-existing on port 22 pretty nicely on my
desktop PC, but on my server it just doesn't seem to want to work. I
can connect to my desktop PC from other PC's in the house through both
ssh and nx clients, and likewise I can connect to my household server
through ssh both internally and externally but not through nx.

I'm using shorewall as my firewall - is there some other tcp/udp port
I need to open?

Thanks in advance for any help. If I can get this going I can really
goof off at work. :)

Regards,
- Dave
--
Dave Bush <hockeystatman at gmail.com>

There are two seasons in my world - Hockey and Construction