[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Server in Proxy Mode

Ralf Haase ralf.haase at stk.brandenburg.de
Tue Oct 26 09:30:34 UTC 2004

Dear friends,
i have installed NXserver / FreeNX on a HD-Installation of Debian-SID.

The connectivity FROM a linux client to the NX-Server works fine, also the
connectivity from the client to the server on the same machine. In booth ways
the works with the internal NX-UserDB and the Host-UserDB (Options in
node.conf)

In the next step, i would prove the connectivity to a RDP-Host (you can also
say Win ...) to act the NX-Server as PROXY. Thsi will never works.

I tried to investigate in the NX-User directories and find in the temporarily
chache-directories the file session with the content:

/usr/NX/bin/nxdesktop: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 cannot open shared obejct file: No such file or directory

In the cache-directory of the successfull sessions this file contain the the
detailled session report, starting with the "NXAgent - Version ..." string.

And finaly the logfile contains this:

received data in err channel from NX Node: 'Session
'stk-lnx1-1022-D1BCDCDD2CC3F940B29029D12C29E387' has failed after reaching
usable state.

Must I set another parameters, or set any things at the Win-Host?

All help is welcome!
THX, Ralf Haase