[FreeNX-kNX] /home/.nx

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:51:25 UTC 2004

> It depends on the result you want to achieve. If you value
> keeping the NX installation separate from the rest of the
> system then having everything in a directory is very handy.
> inodes are cheap.

I agree with that, because I don't see space as the issue. If it is, new
hard drive and LVM for me. :)

I'm trying to accomplish a installation that is FHS compliant, and not
worry about the directory structure because its all handled by the
distributions packaging system. Making the original package rely on
default directories in the FHS scheme makes it so that there are minimal
differences between distributions installations. Shouldn't any new
package strive for FHS compliance to help with greater adoption, and
higher compatibility?