[FreeNX-kNX] Re: got: "cannot create directory `/home/.nx'"

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:49:06 UTC 2004

[ SNIP ]
> - run the setup:
>     nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key

Just a thought. I don't think its a good idea to use or recommend the
--setup-nomachine-key option. Its never a good idea to use default
security settings, and a dsa key that gives you access to a server is
definetly not a good idea. I realize its not the default, but maybe we
should remove the nomachine key setup option, and leave the key in the
README for anyone that NEEDS to use it. That will make it much more
difficult to use, but not impossible for anyone who would absolutely
need to use it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rick