[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Keep NX-Users to their home directory

Christian Lensch christian_lensch at t-online.de
Sun Oct 17 12:29:51 UTC 2004

> In case you think he is confused by the many programs and options:
> well, lock down his NX desktop on your server with the "kiosktool"
> of KDE-3.3, remove the "Start" button (or remove many entries from
> the start menu), remove most icons from the desktop and just leave
> the konqi and kmail ones left...

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for. Another very cool KDE-feature I didn't know about!

Here are some other questions:
What would be the command I would have to use in order to start a non-kde session (e.g. fluxbox, windowmaker etc)?
and
Is it possible for him to access directories on his local machine (Win 98) by using shares. Would I have to start a Samba-Server on my server?

Greetings

Christian