[FreeNX-kNX] Connection to lokalhost failed

Andreas Tolle andtolle at tolle-netz.de
Sat Oct 16 22:09:35 UTC 2004

Hallo,

I have a problem connecting the nx-server. It looks well until the
server tells in the log:

(...)
Info: Using fast copy area mode in agent.
Info: Using fast get image mode in agent.
Info: detected window manager.
Info: Not using local device configuration changes.
nxagentReConnectPixmap: WARNING! Pixmap is root screen. Returning.
Error: Lost connection to peer proxy on FD#6.
Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
Error: Please check state of your network connection.
Info: Waiting for connection from '127.0.0.1' on port '5000'.
nxagentInitClipboard: setting ownwer of selection NX_CUT_BUFFER_SERVER
(452) on window 0x2200130
Info: Reconnection succeded.
setOwnwerNX_WM: setting the ownership of NX_CUT_BUFFER_SERVER (452) on
window0x2200130
Info: Abording procedurer due to signal '15'.
Info: IOError while processing events.
Info: Disconnected from user display.
Info: Going to sleep waiting for reconnection.

End, that's all.

And in the client's ~/nx/temp/3937/sshlog:

(...)
NX> 291 Connection to: localhost:36763
NX> 294 Connection to: localhost:36763 failed. Retrying
NX> 285 Sending authentication cookie: 595CB412.. and so on
NX> 285 Switching descriptors: 4 and: 5 to: 8
NX> 287 Redirected I/O to channel descriptors
/usr//bin/nxnode: line 540: 5222 Terminated (sleep 10; echo "NX> 1004
Error: nxagent failed to start. Session timed out."; echo "   Blocking
$display again ..."; touch /tmp/.X$display-lock; kill $TAIL_PID )

I can see the black nomachine-screen on the Client, and the popups a
message like "Connection with the remote server was shutdown. NX will
restart ...."

Any hints?

Andreas