[FreeNX-kNX] Connection from NX Server back to Client

Günter guenni_pfalz at web.de
Fri Oct 15 06:21:09 UTC 2004

Hi all,

i have installed an NX Server in the office, so I can work from my home
office over the internet.

But now i need a special thing.
I have to send data from the NX Server to the client machine. And this
Data trasnfer must be initiated from the NX Server.
In detail i need to sen data via netcat (nc).

Now my question.
If i understand the concept of nx correctly, the client starts an ssh
tunnel to the server. Is it possible to send data via the tunnel back to
the client, means to the windows XP system via the tunnel?

For example: Sending a file via Netcat on port 4579 to an application
running on the client windows box?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the stupid question. In ssh i am
absolutly rookie.

Regards Gunter