[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & PPC

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Oct 14 11:20:59 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 17:44, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL wrote:
> Le Mardi 12 Octobre 2004 14:43, Kurt Pfeifle a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 12 October 2004 12:39, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL wrote:
> > > I am planifying to port FreeNX to PPC. AIX
> >
> > Hehe.... I am thinkifying to buy a PPC-based 'puter....
> >
> > > For the moment I just hope that a small
> > > compiling will be enough, and maybe one or two other thinks. What do you
> > > think? I need the server to work on a RS/6000 machine.
> >
> > What OS is running on that RS/6000? And which GUI?
>
> Linux, AIX and now ... OS/400 (it's the same hardware, just the plugins
> change).

OK -- at least for Linux an AIX the compilation of the NoMachine NX
libaries should be working OK (about OS/400 I know too little).

You are aware that "FreeNX" is just a set of Bash scripts which glue
together the outstanding work made by NoMachine which they released
as "NX" under the GPL ?  So your main job is to compile the NX sources
on the platforms in question.

Cheers,
Kurt