[FreeNX-kNX] custom X session and suspend

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 10:45:02 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 11:25, Marcin Bukat wrote:
> I have small question. I'm running custom session (fluxbox based) with
> freeNX. Everything is ok if I run this in 'window mode'. I can click
> 'close button'  on this window and dialog asking to suspend/terminate
> the session appears. But if run in fullscreen mode I can't end session
> (selecting 'exit' in fluxbox's menu doesn't work).

That's the same with KDE: selecting exit shuts down the KDE
session first, and when that is ended, NX sees it has nothing
more to do and terminates too...

> What should I invoke
> to see suspend/terminate dialogbox?

I don't know anything about Fluxbox. But for KDE fullscreen
sessions (inside the hosting KDE Client session), the "close
button" on the window is not here either (as fullscreen
sessions are windows without any decorations, frames or
buttons).

What I do with KDE is this: click on the uppermost, rightmost
"magic pixel" of the fullscreen NX session. This minimizes
the fullscreen window and puts it down into the taskbar as
an button-like representation. Rightclick on the NX-session's
symbol in the taskbar, select "Close". This brings up the
"Suspend or terminate?"-dialog. (Beware, you need to re-maximize
the fullscreen again to see it.)

> regards
> Marcin

Hope this helps you to find a workaround for fluxbox too.

Cheers,
Kurt