[FreeNX-kNX] Ugly dialog box...

Rick Stout rick_stout at ureach.com
Wed Oct 13 07:50:29 UTC 2004

OK, so i fixed the Xdialog msgs using buttons, instead of the radiolist.
  The updated nxclient can be found at:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/nxclient

It still works if you dont have Xdialog, and will revert back to
xmessage. So if you want the pretty dialog box, GPL style, download the
appropriate xdialog rpm from:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/xdialog/

Or, just do a

yum install xdialog

if you already have dag in your yum.conf. (Or apt-get, or whatever
installer tool there is...) and then do the following as root:

mv /usr/bin/nxclient ~/nxclient.bak
wget http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/nxclient
mv nxclient /usr/bin/
chown root:root /usr/bin/nxclient
chmod 755 /usr/bin/nxclient

You don't even need to restart your nx session. Viola, and enjoy!

Rick Stout