[FreeNX-kNX] Trying to understand the thing

Pete pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Tue Oct 12 19:01:18 UTC 2004

Hi [.*NX] hackers :

I am trying to understand how things work, I read quite some doc and
think I grasp the most.
Although my knowledge of X and its conf. / internals is the bear minimum.

What I would like to accomplish is an integration of NX technology in a
(K12)LTSP environment,
I got the server running (Thanks to the latest rpms from Doug Burks)
and I am able to run a nxviewer on a diskless client but
this is after I startup a full blown X/gnome session.

What is needed to get NX technology going between disklessclient and
(K12)LTSP server ?
Probably I just need a 'screen' script is this available? Or can someone
point me into the right
direction?
What nx-module needs to be started in the screen script ?

Thank you in advance

Peter

--

Any technology distinguishable from
foodoo-magic is insufficiently advanced.

Peter Van den Wildenbergh

CriticalControl Solutions Inc.
Bow Valley Square II
Suite 2400