[FreeNX-kNX] Error trying to start nxserver

Laura Thurber Laura.Thurber at trx.com
Tue Oct 5 18:52:00 UTC 2004

I've no idea if it's auth differences, or just that when I connect something involved in  the nxserver is having authorization problems.  I recall seeing somewhere during one of my initial attempts to get Nx running that the system required a user 'nx', and at that point I created one.  However, I removed that user before starting on the quest to compile from source, and any user by that name now must have been created by nxsetup.

I don't believe that there is a precompiled binary - I use Slackware 9.0.

What permissions should the nx user have?  Perhaps I can check things that way.
Thanks!
-Laura