[FreeNX-kNX] freenx and application publishing

Thibauld Favre thibauld.favre at laposte.net
Mon Oct 4 16:03:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm currently developping a small app for a client. Before coding anything
"real", I developped a skeleton of my app just so that he could see the UI
and give me feedback about it. I developped it in ruby+korundum's bindings
(which are great by the way). As korundum+ruby are not technologies really
widespread, the "skeleton app" can only run on my PC.

I thought I could get my client to evaluate it anyway by remotely publishing
my application on his desktop. I mean by "application publishing" the
possibility to display a remote application in a floating window that
integrates perfectly in the local desktop. NX has this feature and it works
great.

However, I wasn't able so far to display my little app on his desktop. I tried
with firefox (/usr/bin/firefox) and it works like a charm. The command I use
to run my app is :
"ruby /path_to_the_app/Main.rb"
As soon as I try to connect to the nxserver, the windows closes and I don't
have time to read what was displayed.
This is why I wanted to ask you if you know if there's a nxserver log and
where it's located so that I can actually see what happens. Also, if you have
a clue why my app cannot be displayed, your comments are welcomed too :)

Thanks a lot,

thibs