Falkon not obeying KDe color scheme

Juraj Oravec sgd.orava at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:30:26 GMT 2022

On piatok 11. marca 2022 18:17:20 CET May wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying Falkon and generally like it, but there's an inconsistence
> between Falkon and KDe color scheme.
> I have a custom (Breez-derived) color scheme that works consistently
> through all KDE apps I'm using (including FF and TB). For example,
> text selection background is red (instead of blue), and "focus
> decorations" (read: checkbox) are red.
>
> In Falkon, everything is blue.
>
> What engine does it use; can I make it use custom color theme?
>
> Thanks,
>
> May

Hello May,

Falkon is Qt program and it should use configured Qt theme, or widget
styke (I do not know how it is called exactly).
I know KDE/Plasma offers at least 2 ways to change the color theme one is
Colors and other is QT theme.
>From my experience the Colors is mostly for QML/kirigami based programs
and some global colors for events and QT Theme is to style the Qt
widgets.

It works fine on my side, I have the whole user interface themed
properly.
The only thing where theming / colors are busted is in QML plugins

If you mean the default selection on the webpages than that is handled
by QtWebEngine or the webpage itself and Falkon is probably not setting
this.

I apologize if I made a bigger mess from it. This is a subject I also
barely know anything about since I set Qt to use qt5ct and Kvantum, so
my knowledge of KDE/Plasma stuff is very limited.

Best regards.
Juraj